As Associate Payroll Manager, you will help to maintain a productive and rewarding work environment for our employees by ensuring that payroll is processed smoothly and accurately, and that questions are answered and issues are resolved in a timely and friendly manner. You will be the liaison between employees and third party payroll vendors, and will participate in system implementations and upgrades.
What You'll Achieve
- Provide excellent customer service to employees in the resolution of routine and complex issues.
- Interpret pay policies, (e.g., vacation, leaves, disability, workers compensation, government regulations, withholding exemptions, etc.) and ensure appropriate amounts and deductions are calculated and applied.
- Research and remain current on regulations, and policies, verifying compliance with federal and state payroll requirements.
- Conduct internal reviews of payroll processing, auditing and reconciling employee pay records.
- Serve as the liaison to third party payroll vendors to ensure payroll processing accurately reflects company-specific pay policies. Monitor payroll and system tickets, troubleshooting and tracking the status of issues.
- Coordinate system upgrades and configuration.
- Analyze and set up deduction codes; review data, system connectivity, and payroll workflows.
- Conduct 401k tracking to ensure compliance.
- Compile data for audits (internal, external SOX, 401k, etc.), assisting with audits of internal records, workers compensation, tax filings and related documentation. etc.
What You Bring
- The desire to work and learn in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of payroll processing experience handling multi-state payrolls, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Deep understanding of payroll processes and best practices with high attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of relevant federal and state wage and hour laws and SOX controls.
- Good understanding of an integrated payroll/HRIS systems; prefer familiarity with UltiPro and ADP.
- High proficiency with Excel and other office tools.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with a high degree of integrity, discretion, and judgment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and analyze problems in depth and determine subtle relationships among data from various sources.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; abilityto collaborate well with internal cross functional teams and external vendors.
What we offer:
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded.
- The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
- A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
AWS and Human Resources
7 days ago - source