In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the dramatic growth of esports. Delivering unparalleled in-game experiences and building whole new games for a global audience gives Game Designers exciting and complex problems to tackle. Game Designers at Riot work to create the systems, mechanics, and content that make up a deeply resonant player experience. We explore how to best push the boundaries of that experience in order to create memorable and engaging moments for players.
Associate Game Designers at Riot understand how to contribute to world class teams to deliver great products to players. We are able to focus on well-defined problem spaces and small features to make improvements to the product. Furthermore, we strive to broadly understand the players we serve as we craft features.
You will understand, design, optimize, and communicate the player experience. Your analytical skills, player empathy, and creativity aid in crafting in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams, contributing and translating feedback to innovate and iterate player-focused designs that will delight millions around the world.
- Work with a diverse team of developers to build new content and features for League of Legends to deliver on Riot’s strategic goals
- Represent player experience and needs in discussion
- Openly share work in critiques and seek feedback from other designers
- Use existing design principles to help deliver high quality work. Help identify new principles and frameworks to aid future design.
- Deconstruct complex problems into manageable sized chunks
- Help draft messages to players, sharing context on design plans and rationale
- You deeply understand and communicate player needs, especially around progression, motivation, and creating meaningful rewards
- You have a strong understanding of current gaming tastes and trends in the global market
- You can apply and execute an analytical approach to design. You identify what creates interesting gameplay, what’s appealing to players and why things work. You’re able to translate lessons from one genre to another.
- You’re capable of identifying a problem, generating a range of solutions to it, and identifying the most appropriate one. You’re then able create and communicate the details of that proposed solution.
- You work well with others, and are exemplary at sharing and seeking feedback
- You can clearly articulate the goals of your project to both designers and non-designers, along with the rationale behind how you execute on those goals
- Your work is internally coherent, thematic where appropriate and trades off different values against each other as needed to accomplish team goals
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.