Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where people can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team that is committed to our core values to achieve this goal.
Airbnb’s Legal team embodies the company’s innovative, forward-thinking spirit. At the frontier of the sharing economy, Airbnb is breaking new ground in matters of policy, law, and government relations. Where some see obstacles, we see opportunity to find creative, practical solutions - right at the cutting edge, around the world. Our adventurous, fast-moving group of over 100 is committed to building a team of talented, collaborative and self-motivated legal professionals across the globe who believe in Airbnb’s mission and don’t take themselves too seriously.
Airbnb is a company that is powered by its community. We are looking for a passionate attorney to be dedicated to community-related legal matters. In addition to your own individual responsibilities, you will provide guidance to internal community support teams working to handling these matters, including a wide variety of customer and trust and safety related concerns.
Airbnb is a company that is powered by its community. We are looking for a passionate attorney that has experience working on legal issues relating to platform businesses and customer support. Our ideal candidate will be able to balance competing interests when reviewing and refining policies that govern our community. In addition, they will be responsible for working with our team to help design the tools and procedures that enable Airbnb to deliver world-class customer support to our community. Finally, we are looking for someone that provides guidance to the internal community support team on a wide variety of critical issues such as our non-discrimination policy and how we enforce our policies against users.
This position requires a confident, organized, efficient and detail-oriented attorney who thrives on the challenge of building effective and fair processes. In addition to professional expertise, we are looking for someone who brings an empathetic approach and a passion for handling important and sensitive issues and building long-lasting partnerships between the business and legal teams.
- Act as first legal point of contact for Community Support Teams in North America.
- Provide effective, business-focused, day-to-day advice and counseling to our specialized community support team on a broad range of issues focused on optimizing operations and increasing efficiency and effectiveness with the Airbnb community.
- Provide pragmatic day to day and strategic advice to minimize legal risks while advancing business interests and ensuring an excellent customer experience.
- Deliver clear practical advice that enables business partners to achieve objectives while mitigating legal risk and keeping our community interests at the forefront.
- Collaborate effectively with counterparts in other business units and international counsel to ensure consistency across the product team and provide globally-aligned legal advice.
- Remain up-to-date on relevant industry, consumer protection, and high-tech laws affecting Airbnb’s business.
- Proactively work to draft, review and revise internal policies and workflows to ensure that they are consistent with Airbnb’s commitment to diversity, inclusion and community.
Required Background, Knowledge, Skills
- J.D. with strong academic record and demonstrated record for success as a lawyer
- Member of Bar of office location or eligible to register as Registered In-House Counsel
- 4+ years of experience in legal counseling of a customer service organization
- High standards, empathetic and ethical approach, good judgment, well-honed organizational and analytical skills, strong oral and written communications skills, and a keen sense of humor as well as of justice
- Intellectually curious, open-minded, adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity and risk, and excited by dynamic change
- Comfortable and confident working on sensitive issues, including relating to diversity and inclusion
- Strong ability to inspire trust, forge relationships quickly, and earn the confidence and cooperation of business partners
- Ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously while prioritizing competing tasks in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Experience creating and managing compliance processes
- Direct client counseling experience
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.
AWS and Legal
23 days ago - source