This position is Assistant to the Project Manager to oversee the WWB Turnkey Asset Management Services Contract for the management, inspection and maintenance, including operation of the bascule bridges of the Woodrow Wilson Bridge located in I-495/I-95 between Virginia and Maryland.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the Management and Operations of Complex Highway Maintenance Contracts with various Departments of Transportation with input from the Project Manager
- Responsible for the Management and Operations of WWB TAMS Contract with Virginia DOT and Maryland DOT with input from the Project Manager.
- With the input of the Project Manager, Develop and periodically revise a multi-year work plan for the maintenance and operations of highways within the projects limits to specifications under the contract.
- With the input of the Project Manager, responsible of snow and ice removal of the winter operations of highways within the projects limits to specifications under the contract.
- Manage all employees including Area Managers, technicians, specialty work crews, administrative staff and other staff with input from PM.
- Assists Project Manger with the oversight of project overheads to insure proper utilization of resources and proper expense management by Area Managers and other responsible staff.
- Monitor contract to insure proper expense management and maximization of operating profits are being accomplished.
- Make sure utilization of current equipment inventory is effective, and that the inventory is of sufficient quantity to handle contract needs.
- With the input of the Project manager assist in development of long-term personnel and equipment scheduling to determine overall project needs.
- Insure all staff are abiding by all federal, state and local laws within the scope of their contracts.
- Provide area managers and staff with the means to be in compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
- With the input from PM, work with office manager by lending direction with regard to:
o Location overhead (office) payroll budgeting
o Location overhead (office) staffing needs
o Information processing systems
o Location overhead (office) major expenditures
o Office image and cleanliness
- MONITOR FLEET OF VEHICLES AND EQUIPMENT TO INSURE WORTHINESS, THUS NOT JEOPARDIZING DBIS LLC EMPLOYEE
With the Project Manager Insure a solid recruiting and hiring game-plan and that this game-plan is executed on a timely basis.
PERFORM ANNUAL EVALUATIONS ON ALL RESPONSIBLE EMPLOYEES
- Train new managers.
- Work with Project Manager in providing input for the development of the projects overhead budgets.
2. Contract specifications are addressed properly and accounted for.
3. Make sure the work is within the scope of the project’s capabilities and resources
- Train and coach subordinate managers in all facets of management
5. To identify subordinate managers who are seeking greater opportunities within DBI Services, LLC, and mentor these individuals towards these goals.
OVERSEE OVERALL FACILITY APPERARANCEAND MAINTENANCE
ASSURE SAFETY ON ENTIRE PROJECT
- Assure compliance with DOT and other Regulatory Safety Agencies
- Assure all Area Managers are maintaining field safety and proper PPE
- All other duties as assigned
- 2+ years' experience with complex bridges, including movable bridges
- College degree is strongly preferred with a preference for a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering (or comparable)
- P.E. License in Virginia or Maryland required or ability to obtain one within six (6) months
- Additional industry-related training/certification is desirable
- Highway maintenance experience is preferred
- Experience with estimating is preferred
7 days ago - source