The National Trust is a busy organisation that has a lot going on at all times - you can guarantee that no day is the same so you’ll have to love variety. As well as supporting day to day operations, you’ll have the chance to support a variety of work streams and projects. You’ll learn to champion best practice when it comes to business support, and will always be looking at how you can offer help where needed.
There are 2 positions available for this role within the Thames Valley Portfolio. One position is based at Basildon Park and the other position is based at Greys Court. This will be further discussed at interview stage.
Please note that the hours for this role are to be worked over 4-5 short days a week, with limited weekend working which can be negotiable.
What it's like to work here:The Thames Valley is a major tourist destination, with historic houses, parks and gardens, cycling, walking and boating on the river. It’s a beautiful area in which to live and work, with numerous small villages and towns in the countryside, yet good transport links to London by train and close to the east-west M4 motorway. The nearby thriving town of Reading with its range of housing types and prices, university and sporting facilities is the most important source for local visitors coming to the National Trust properties in this area. The Thames Valley portfolio is made up of Basildon Park, Greys Court and Nuffield Place, which form a close triangle of properties spilling out north across the valley.
You'll primarily be based at Greys Court, but may be asked to work at Nuffield Place and Basildon Park from time to time too.
Click here to find out more about Greys Court.
What you'll be doing:Known for your attention to detail and can do attitude, you’ll help provide a comprehensive administration service to the team at Greys Court. You'll be the first point of contact for telephone enquiries and work closely with staff and volunteers. Taking calls from our visitors, you'll work with volunteers and other departments to ensure the smooth administration of group bookings. You’ll be comfortable using a variety of IT packages to help create reports, keep accurate records, and write timely and accurate internal/external communications. You'll have shown you are trustworthy and numerate, and can work closely with other departments to ensure our supporters have a great experience. In essence you’ll assist with the delivery of an effective business support function.
Please also read the full role profile attached to this advert.
Who we're looking forOur team love to be busy, and so will you, so to thrive in this environment,
You’ll have the following skills and experience:
- Helpful and approachable demeanour
- A good team player
- Advanced IT Skills with some understanding of social media channels
- Have clear written and verbal communication skills
- Take pride on delivering excellent customer service
- Ability to prioritise your own workload
- Good eye for detail
The packageLooking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking