Architecture and Construction Administration Project Manager
BDG Architects has an immediate need for a remote Project Manager, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in Construction Administration with retail and/or commercial project types. This is a full-time position in the Miami area under the direct supervision of a project manager/team leader for a national client portfolio of work.
Roles and Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Primary role will be shepherding project from initial due diligence kick-off through project closeout.
- Permit coordination, release of bid documents, and on-site review of construction ensuring compliance with the documents, written reporting, and owner interface.
- Generating document review compliance report, a quality deficiency report (punch-list), as well as an accessibility compliance review upon project completion.
- Conduct on-site field visits and assist the Project Architect with construction communications.
- Coordinate construction communications including RFI’s, Pay Applications, Submittals, Field Reports and Shop Drawings.
- Interface with the Program Management Team relative to construction updates and reports to Clients.
- Perform specific/limited portions of assignments using prescribed methods for a variety of architectural projects as requested.
Desired Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in Construction Administration for retail and/or commercial projects. Commercial General Contractor or licensed Architect a plus.
- Understanding of construction processes and ability to communicate status to Clients.
- Working knowledge of the Due Diligence and Entitlement process related to New Construction.
- Strong understating of zoning, site development and civil infrastructure.
- Must be able to travel to project sites and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Applicant must possess excellent communication and management skills.
- Ability to lead team discussions and keep teams focused on pertinent topics.
- Applicant must be proficient in software applications including MS Office, specifically Excel. Knowledge of AutoCad, Revit, and Procore a plus.
- General knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in an architectural office are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and professionally with other team members and accept direction to reach common goals for successful outcomes.
- Strong written, oral communication, organizational, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively.
- Values accuracy and thoroughness in all work with strict and careful attention to detail.
- Self-starter who takes ownership of tasks and projects.
BDG Architects offers a comprehensive benefit package with options for health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance and the ability to participate in a 401K program. We also offer paid holidays and paid personal time off. If you are interested in being a part of this dynamic growing firm submit your letter of interest, resume and work samples in pdf format via email through our website. Please, no phone calls.
BDG Architects is a full-service architecture and design firm with its Headquarters in Tampa, Florida with Southeast Regional Offices in Birmingham, Alabama and Charlotte, North Carolina with over 20 years of experience throughout the United States. We have built our reputation as being on the leading edge of our industry through design excellence, building lasting relationships, and delivering high value to our clients. BDG understands that each client has a unique set of business strategies, which we focus our services to support, creating a true partnership. Our projects are extremely diverse in terms of project type, design styles, practice areas and scale. Additional information about the firm can be found at www.BDGLLP.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction Administration: 5 years (Required)
- Miami, FL (Preferred)
- General Contractor (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
about 2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.