About the Company:
At Qumulo, we’re building the world’s most advanced file storage system. Qumulo is a modern, highly scalable file storage system that runs in the data center and the public cloud.
File storage at universal scale is our vision and our passion. We believe that file-based data becomes transformative when it gives people the freedom to collaborate, to innovate, and to create. We put that belief into practice every day and are looking for people who find that vision compelling.
If Qumulo sounds like the place for you, browse our open positions and see what’s a good fit. You can also check out the tutorials and videos on the web site to get a sense of what we do, or you might be interested in this GeekWire interview with Neal Fachan, one of Qumulo’s founders.
About the Position:
Qumulo is seeking an Analyst and Press Relations manager to join our marketing team in Seattle, Wash. You will be responsible for driving analyst relations and managing PR campaigns. You will also be responsible for executing Qumulo’s social media strategy. The successful candidate will be passionate about building awareness of and demand for Qumulo. You will work closely with key stakeholders throughout the company including product marketing and product management, as well as executive spokespeople, and our PR and AR agencies. The successful candidate will be extremely organized, excellent at relationship building, entrepreneurial, self-motivated and passionate about storytelling. You must know how to think big, have a strong bias for action as well as an obsession with producing high-quality work, and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop and execute an analyst outreach program that result in broader coverage and improved positioning and engagement with the analyst community
- Project manage product review process
- Collaborate with marketing to incorporate analyst assets into integrated campaigns
- Identify relevant upcoming analyst reports
- Track, analyze, and distribute analyst reports internally; pulling key messages to support company storylines
- Build relationships beyond core technology analysts to support vertical markets
- Assist with the development of strategic PR plans, including media cadence and announcement plans, and positioning to establish Qumulo as a go-to source for technology, vertical and business media with interest in storage infrastructure
- Uncover coverage opportunities for Qumulo’s broader company story
- Partner with global PR agency to ensure successful execution of PR activities and announcements, including proactive pitch development, press list management, competitive/industry commentary/”rapid response” program, speaker proposals, award nominations and contributed articles.
- Support in-bound media inquiries and manage/host briefings with spokespeople
- Establish regularly updated database of customers, partners and industry analysts as press references
- Assist with content development for Qumulo’s social media platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
- Ensure that current messaging and brand positioning is accurately reflected in all PR materials
- Master's degree in PR/Communications or Journalism or comparable degree and at least eight years marketing and communications experience
- Relevant industry knowledge is an advantage, especially related to B2B enterprise technology and/or storage infrastructure
- Previous PR or AR experience is an advantage
- Strong project management skills and experience, including managing internal stakeholders and multiple projects at once
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- A team player that will roll their sleeves up to get the job done
Qumulo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
*Please note that employment at Qumulo is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background check.
5 days ago - source