At QVC we know what we’re doing as we’ve been doing it really well for 20 years. Our customers trust us and that’s why we get closer to them than other retailers. We understand them, we look after them.
You can find our channels on Freeview, Sky and Virgin Media and we’re online at qvcuk.com and via mobile and tablet apps. We sell big name brands from Elemis to Bose, Giles Deacon to Dyson. Our business isn’t like any other and neither are our people - we have a unique culture and a shared passion for what we do. We are proud to be one of the UK’s Top Employers - something we all take credit for.
We are looking for a Health & Safety Advisor to join our H&S Team in Chiswick. It’s a fast paced and diverse role and when we say that no two days are the same, we’re not kidding. As the Health and Safety Advisor you will assist the H&S Manager to co-ordinate the Health & Safety strategy ensuring that QVC maintains a safe place of work in compliance with statutory requirements, industry best practice and agreed guidelines. Whilst promoting and maintaining a safety conscious employee culture throughout the organisation.
Your responsibilities will include :
- Regularly carry out inspection of premises and take action to ensure appropriate controls are implemented by relevant personnel.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of QVC H&S policies and procedures to ensure compliance with legislation and best practice taking into account individual and business requirements.
- Formulate safe systems of work according to the identified business needs in conjunction with relevant line managers.
- To provide guidance and information to managers and staff at all levels to ensure that statutory requirements are observed and good working practices maintained on and off site.
- To be responsible for the monitoring and co-ordination of the Accident Reporting Near miss systems and liaising with managers to ensure thorough investigation with suitable & relevant controls implemented.
- Develop and support risk assessment programmes identifying opportunities for cost effective risk control.
- To assist all departments in reviewing and validating all risk assessments and method statements supplied by contractors.
- To identify the need for training, organise and/or deliver appropriate solutions
- To conduct H&S induction each week for new starters
- To coordinate with all departments to ensure that all contractors are inducted and recorded before commencing work.
The successful applicant will have previous appropriate experience, you will hold your Nebosh General Certificate or equivalent, be a member of IOSH and have a strong track record in H&S practices.
At QVC we see it like this, you spend a third of your life in work, so work happy* Live better .
About QVC, Inc
QVC, Inc., exceeds the expectations of everyone we touch by delivering the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, in nine countries, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry. Along the way, we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award winning customer service. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has more than 17,000 employees and has retail operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, and through a joint venture in China. Worldwide, QVC engages shoppers on 14 broadcast networks reaching approximately 370 million homes, seven websites, and 220 social pages. Visit corporate.qvc.com to learn more.
QVC, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ : QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group"), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop - beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores - and is #1 in video commerce,#3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com . QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
18 days ago - source