The Accounts Receivable / Cashier will play an important active role in the day to day workings of the Credit Control function. The chosen individual will report into the Credit Manager, processing incoming payments (multiple currencies) posting cash / account reconciliations, in addition to managing their own ledger of client accounts.
The successful candidate will be goal orientated and needs to demonstrate their commitment in delivery and credit control, be resilient and have a‘hands-on’attitude with a high enthusiasm in debt recovery. Whilst demonstrating the flexibility to work in this type of entrepreneurial environment, work well within a team and help to build relationship with our clients.
Minimise debt, processing incoming payments, assist with aged debt analysis at month end; including detailed commentary and interact with the business on escalations.
- Ensure cash is posted and accurately allocated daily
- Chase clients via email and phone on all overdue balances
- All account queries are resolved effectively in a timely manner
- Contact clients regarding any debt or invoice queries on their account, in accordance with their payment terms
- Communicate with Account Managers as an escalation point, depending on account management structure
- Ensure that all disputes are managed appropriately and major issues are immediately escalated to the Credit Manager.
- Build strong relationships internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery of targets
- Compile / send out client statements after month end
- Maintain a high level of commercial awareness, including the ability to interface with the commercial team and contribute to ad-hoc projects
University qualification preferably with a relevant finance certification
- Min of 3 years previous experience of working in a similar role within a multinational company, dealing with a large volume of transactions
- Solid experience of communicating across all levels within a company
- Knowledge / previous use of Maconomy required
- Work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Solid Prioritisation skills, Time Management and precise attention to detail
- Awareness of commercial and industry practices
- Resilience and the ability to work under pressure in a calm manner, along with the aptitude to deal with all channels of communication in a professional and competent fashion
- Experience of working with Blue Chip B2B companies
- Portal experience highly desirable but not essential