Why Join Us?
Be a hero for our rare disease patients
Ultragenyx is a biopharmaceutical company committed to developing treatments for rare and ultra-rare diseases. Founded in 2010, the company has rapidly built a diverse portfolio of small molecule, monoclonal antibody, mRNA and gene therapy candidates with the potential to address debilitating genetic diseases for which the unmet medical need is high, the biology for treatment is clear, and for which there are no approved therapies.
Developing new treatments for rare genetic diseases is challenging work. It takes courage, talent, and dedication to look past the easy answers and uncover new solutions that can make a meaningful impact. At Ultragenyx we push each other to perform at our very best because we never lose sight of our mission – to make a difference in our patients’ lives.
Come join our team during this exciting time of growth and opportunities!
ultraimpact – Make a difference for those who need it most
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounts Payable Supervisor will perform various accounts payable and reconciling functions, as well supervise the daily activities for the Accounts Payable team. You will proactively execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment using your decision making, problem solving, and time management skills.
Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Oversee a team of Accounts Payable personnel in the daily process of keying invoices, handling exceptions and payment processing
- Prepare and update AP Standard Operating Procedures
- Prepare and process disbursement batches
- Partner with other departments to provide effective customer service and visibility
- Drive continuous AP process improvement. Propose and execute process efficiencies.
- Establish a precise cadence for each disbursement type
- Provide customer service and support to internal departments and vendors with respect to various accounts payable inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Maintain vendor/supplier changes in Oracle
- Maintain accounting inbox and SharePoint folder for invoices
- Validate invoices daily for accuracy
- Assist with special projects as needed
- 5+ years of demonstrated Accounts Payable experience including a working knowledge of accounting principles and general ledger posting
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks with differing priorities simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy, sense of urgency and customer focus
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with Oracle EBS preferred
- Experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Knowledge of purchase orders preferred
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of work performed
- Proven problem solving, documentation, research and resolution skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook, ERP experience a plus
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness and the ability to multi-task
- Working knowledge of accounts payable best practices
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
Oracle and Finance
about 1 month ago - source
No longer accepting applications.