The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
At Intercom, Finance and Analytics partners with every function in the organization to help make sense of our business using metrics and data. We're highly quantitative individuals who love to turn data into insights and communicate our findings fearlessly, and we're looking for similarly minded individuals who are constantly curious and driven to understand our business better. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Perform day-to-day billing operations including calculating billing, creating and reviewing invoices, and posting cash receipts
- Accounts receivable
- Own weekly commissions reporting
- General ledger reconciliations
- Own monthly revenue recognition
- Ad Hoc reporting to assist in financial decision making
- Manipulating large data sets using Excel and SQLa
What skills do I need? 📖
- Revenue Recognition and Accounts Receivable experience is required
- Commissions accounting experience is strongly preferred
- Experience using Zuora, strongly preferred
- Skills querying SQL database, preferred
- Knowledge of NetSuite, preferred
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
SQL and Finance and Accounting
7 days ago - source